Many homeowners are under the impression that flood is covered under their homeowner’s insurance, only to find out at claim time there is no coverage.  Flood insurance policies cover the physical loss or damage to your home and belongings from floods or flood-related losses in high-risk areas due to rising water. National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is run by the federal government and are the ones that can issue flood insurance policies. Even if you already have a homeowner, renters, condo, landlord, mobile home or business insurance in place, you may need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy for protection from flood damage.

Scroll to Top